I made this blog packed full with well researched information but also with years of personal experience using epilators. The idea came to me when I realized that I have so many years of experience with epilators so why not share it with other women?
I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I love writing it. Though reading about hair removal methods might not be the most interesting thing in the world 🙂 But after all hair removal is almost on every woman’s mind, especially when summer comes so let’s get this going.
Don’t Know Where To Start?
These are some of the best posts I wrote since launching this blog. It covers everything from what are epilators to choosing the best epilator for you and a few other great tips such as: how to prevent ingrown hair and how to reduce epilation pain.
- Learn How to Epilate the Easy Way
- Epilators – The Pros, Cons, and Costs
- How to Get a Fabulous Epilator Without Spending Big
- How to Reduce Epilation Pain and Make the Most of Your Epilator
- How to Prevent Ingrown Hair
- Best Ingrown Hair Products
- Freakishly Affordable Hair Removal Method – Best Epilator for Women
- The Ultimate Epilator Reviews Guide for Every Woman
- 4 Amazing Best Epilators for Face for 2015
- Best Epilator for Underarms: Which Are the Best Choices?
- 5 of The Best Hair Removal Products for the Bikini Area that Will Make you Feel Sexy
- Upper Lip Hair Removal: Only the Best Products and Practices
- Top Women’s Hair Removal Blogs
- Are Epilators Getting More and More Popular? Let’s Look at the Facts
- My First Impressions with Braun Silk Epil 9561
So Far I’ve Reviewed…
These are the best epilators I reviewed so far. You can find great epilators which are quite cheap as well as other incredible options which are a little expensive but well worth a read.
- Philips Satinelle HP6401 Cheap Epilator that Works Great
- Emjoi Emagine AP-18 the Fastest Epilator
- Panasonic ES-WD51-P the Affordable Epilator that Works under the Shower Too
- Philips Satin Soft Epilator Hp6520: Amazing Epilator
- Braun Silk Epil 7 Xpressive 7681 Expensive Wet and Dry Epilator But Worth It
- Philips Satin Perfect Epilator HP6576 Expensive but Efficient
- Braun Silk-Epil 5280: a Pretty Powerful Medium-Priced Epilator Truly Worthy of Its Price
- Braun Silk Epil 3170: A Cheap and Very Good Epilator
- Braun Silk-Epil 9 Epilators Review: Is This the New Top Epilator on the Market?
The Best Epilators On The Market: My Personal Top 3 Choices
|No. of Tweezers||72||40% wider head than Braun 7681||40|
|No. of Accessories||0||8||7|
|Price||Medium Priced||High Priced||High Priced|
|Wet & Dry||No||Yes||Yes|
The Best And Most Affordable Epilator
So you don’t want to spend too much money on your first epilator? I couldn’t agree more on that. You should start with a cheap one and see if epilators are for you and then work your way up to a more powerful expensive model. The battle was between Braun Series 3-3170 and Philips HP6401, but after careful consideration I decided to choose Philips HP6401 as the best most affordable epilator on the market today.
Not Into Epilators?
No problem. There are plenty of other hair removal methods to choose from. One way or another, your skin will be smooth and hair-free.
So there is shaving – a cheap method to get rid of unwanted hair, it’s pain free and it doesn’t take too long to remove the hairs. But it also doesn’t last very long, about 2 to 3 days.
- 7 Essential Shaving Tips for Women
- Best Razor for Women for Silky Smooth Skin
- How to Prevent Razor Burns with these 4 Quick Steps
- See Why I Decided to Use an Epilator Instead of Shaving
- Shaving Mistakes: 7 Things to Avoid for Preventing Bumps, Cuts, and Razor Burns
Best shaving razors for women
|No. of blades||5 blades with a MicroFine comb plus the unique FlexiBall technology||3 blades with Floating Head Shaving System plus a precision trimmer||5 curve-sensing blades|
|Strip||Moisture glide serum||No||Moisturizer serum containing marine extracts and shea butter|
|How close the shave||Incredibly close||Really close||Incredibly close|
Hair Removal Creams
There are also hair removal creams both for the body and for facial hair removal. Also cheap, painless, but short lasting, you get about 3 to 5 days of hairless skin.
- Best Hair Removal Cream for Women for Fast and Painless Hair Removal
- The Pros and Cons of Hair Removal Creams
Best hair removal creams
|Leave it on for||5 to 7 minutes||3 to 6 minutes||6 to 8 minutes|
|Use it for||Body hair removal, except face||Body hair removal, except face||Facial hair removal|
|How bad does it smell||Quite bad||Smells quite good, the rose fragrance helps||Not that bad|
Waxing is similar to epilation, meaning that both methods remove hairs from the root offering up to a month smooth skin. Waxing is only a tiny bit more complicated and a tiny bit messier. But if you do it at home, it turns out it’s not that expensive and up to a month of hair-free skin doesn’t sound bad at all.
- At Home Waxing Kits for Safe and Easy Waxing Experiences
- 7 Essential Tips you Need to Know for Proper At-Home Waxing
- Try the Best Wax for Hair Removal Kits and Save Lots of Money on Salon Waxing
- Everybody Loves These 3 Best Facial Wax Strips
- How To Do Your Own Brazilian Waxing At Home
- Waxing Your Underarms: Here’s How
- Waxing vs Threading: Which One Would You Choose?
Waxing kits for home usage
|Wax type||Microwavable wax water soluble (15 to 25 seconds heating)||Microwavable wax (1 minute heating)||Hard wax (wax warmer included in the kit)|
|Size||5.7 oz||10 oz||14 oz|
|Works best on||Legs, underarms, and bikini line||The entire body, including facial hair removal – great for coarse hair||The entire body, including facial hair removal|
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal kits for home usage are not only becoming increasingly popular but they also make wonders. After 6 or maybe 10 or even maybe 20 sessions you will experience at least 40% up to 90% hair reduction that can last for 2 years. That’s definitely a huge improvement compared to the above methods for hair removing.
- Absolutely Everything You Need to Know about Laser Hair Removal
- Remington I-Light Pro Review an IPL System that Beats At-Home Laser Hair Removal Kits
- Electrolysis vs Laser Hair Removal: the Permanent Method vs the Long-Term Hair Reduction Method
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
At-home laser hair removal devices
|No. of pulses||90,000 pulses (no replacement cartridges needed)||5,000 flashes per cartridge (replacement cartridges needed)||1,500 flashes per cartridge (replacement cartridges needed)|
|Recommended for||Whole body hair removal from the cheek line downward||Whole body hair removal including facial hair removal||Whole body, except face|
I’ve also introduced a category that’s addressed exclusively to men. After all, you have your needs, too. Just as women, do. Whenever I don’t know too much on a subject, I have a very good source of information, my boyfriend. Some of the posts that I write contain advice and recommendations for both men and women. However, some are exclusively written for you. And here they are: