Shaving is the hair removal method that reminds me of a period of my life long gone, my high school years, even so I never used an electric shaver for women.
I used disposable razors in the beginning, when I just started to shave.
After that, I switch to a razor with refills, that was actually a razor for men but it was great.
That being said,
I did a lot of research and I am sure that I was able to find some of the best when it comes to electric shavers designed especially for women.
What you Need to Know Before Getting an Electric Shaver for Women
Why would you consider getting the best electric shaver for women?
For one thing, they’re safe and easy to use.
There’s no need to be afraid of nicks or cuts.
The blades work really well.
If you handle it well, a good electric shaver will cut your unwanted hairs closely to the skin and you will have smooth skin in no time.
It’s fast using one.
Just make sure to clean it really well after each shaving.
Since these hair removal devices come with a charger, it’s a risk that in the future, at some point, the battery will no longer hold a charge and then it’s time to shop for a new electric razor.
From my point of view, these hair removal devices are really affordable.
Most will work really well for at least a few years.
I wouldn’t say that the fact that the battery will not hold a charge in the future is such a big disadvantage, taking into consideration what you get for your money.
Best Electric Shaver for Women: Top 3 Picks
There’s something you must know:
All these 3 models have a similar blade system.
There are 3 blades, one on top, in the middle is the foil, and one at the bottom. The top and bottom blades are identical.
The shape and design are different for all the three razors, after all we have different manufacturers.
One is for longer hairs (place at the top), the middle one is for shaving residual hair, and the third blade is for shorter hairs.
They can all be used wet & dry. And all are rechargeable.
1. Panasonic ES2207P
The Panasonic ES2207P is pretty much the first model that comes to mind when talking about the best electric shaver for women.
It’s pretty much a safe bet when it comes to a great shaving experience offered by an electric razor.
And that’s exactly why I also have it featured in my post that sets out in search for some of the best razors for women.
Features of the Panasonic ES2207P:
- it has 3 stainless steel hypoallergenic blades.
- pop up trimmer for longer hairs.
- and the Floating Head Shaving System, which is a fancy name for the fact that this electric razor adjusts to the contours of your body.
Did I mention how affordable is it?
The Panasonic ES2207P is a pretty fantastic razor for women.
2. Eunon Ladies Electric Shaver
I’m sure not many people have heard of the Eunon Ladies Electric Shaver.
It might actually be my favorite, even though it’s a bit expensive.
But the blade system is of high quality, it really stands out.
The Eunon Ladies Electric Shaver offers:
- 3 stainless steel hypoallergenic blades.
- built-in light, which is a great addition that you don’t find on many electric razors.
- there’s no trimmer on this one.
- comes with a replacement shaving head, which is definitely a nice surprise, it helps justify the price.
3. ETEREAUTY 4 in 1 Waterproof Women Shaver
The ETEREAUTY 4 in 1 Waterproof Women Shaver is one of the best electric shavers for women for sure but it also tries to be a bit more than that.
It’s reflected in the price.
It’s the most expensive of the models that I’ve reviewed in this post.
It comes with:
- 3 hypoallergenic stainless steel blades that represent the general shaver.
- a separate smaller precision shaver for areas like the bikini area and the underarms.
- precision trimmer.
- facial cleansing brush – we’ve seen epilators that come with a facial cleansing brush but I wasn’t expecting for an electric razor to include one, it’s a bit weird and not of the highest quality so I don’t know if you should actually use it or ignore it entirely.
What are the Advantages of Using an Electric Shaver?
- It can be used wet & dry, it’s an advantage over a normal razor that can be used only wet.
- With an electric razor, whether it’s for men or for women, you don’t have to use shaving creams since it can be used dry but if you want to use it wet then you can use shaving cream or gel.
- The best electric shaver for women is expected to include a trimmer, as well, you don’t have to spend extra money on a trimmer.
- It’s faster than using a manual razor.
- There are no nicks or cuts and that’s a big plus, even experienced shavers are prone to nick their skin once in a while.
- It’s much cheaper considering that you buy the device just once.
What are the Disadvantages of Going with the Best Electric Shaver for Women?
- An electric razor will not be able to offer your skin that divine smooth finish, it just doesn’t get that incredibly close to the skin.
- It can still lead to irritation but practice makes everything better in the end, it’s just like with any other hair removal method like waxing or epilation.
- The battery life will run out eventually and it won’t be able to hold a charge, at which point you will have to get a new electric shaver but given the price, it’s not a huge repurchase.
- Maintenance: you should lubricate the foil with baby oil/mineral oil, clean it thoroughly after each usage using rubbing alcohol to disinfect it and then let it dry completely before storage, also charge it fully when the battery’s charge is down and then unplug it.