You might think that at-home hair removing is too complicated or too time consuming but I’ll show you just the opposite and the first step is to choose the best wax for hair removal for you.
Once you’ve done that, and I’ll make some suggestions that should make the choice a lot easier, you can even do your own Brazilian waxing.
And it should be easy. Painful but you’ll get the hang of it.
Getting the perfect kit for you is one of the most important tips and that’s why I’m going to review 5 waxing kits.
So you can have a starting point if you’re new to this hair removal method or to see what are your options if you want to change your old kit.
I’ll cover all the basic forms:
- hard wax, which requires a warmer for getting it nice an melted, ready for pulling hairs from the root,
- microwavable hard wax,
- and cold strips.
If you’ve waxed for some time, I’m sure you already have a favorite.
If you’re a beginner and you don’t know exactly what to choose, allow me to make a suggestion. I would say go with the hard wax, below you have 3 examples from 3 different manufacturers so you can start from here.
In my opinion, the hard one is the best, it’s the one that removes almost all the hairs from a single pass. You can get the remaining few hairs with a tweezer or apply a second strip.
So why do I suggest roll-on wax and cold strips, besides those 3 amazing kits?
Because those are good, too.
1. Gigi Student Starter Kit
Gigi Student Starter Kit is one of the best wax for hair removal kits at an affordable price.
You can use it for the entire body hair removal, to remove hairs from the bikini area, Brazilian, legs, face, underarms and arms.
When it’s time to give yourself a Brazilian waxing at home, reaching all the places, might be a little complicated but you can have someone help you.
After you get this awesome wax for hair removal, the only further investment needed is getting the Gigi All-Purpose Honee wax to place it in the warmer and start another journey towards smooth skin.
The kit contains:
- 1 wax warmer with cover (14 ounce),
- the Gigi all-purpose honee wax 14 oz,
- 1 pre hon cleanser that pretty much has no purpose especially if you exfoliate before waxing,
- 1 pre-epilation powder that can be successfully replaced by baby powder,
- 1 wax-off for removing the residues, which later on you can simply replace it with oil (baby oil or olive oil or coconut oil and so on) for cleaning your skin because the wax-off lotion included in the kit will be gone pretty soon,
- 1 slow grow,
- 10 petite applicators, 10 small accu edge applicators, 20 small natural muslin strips, and 20 large natural muslin strips.
Obviously, the lotions are not that important. After they’re gone I don’t see the point of buying the same ones again because they’re pretty expensive.
The Gigi All-Purpose Honee can also be replaced by the Gigi Brazilian Body Hard Wax or by any hard wax that has 14 oz if you don’t like either of them.
You might want to get some extra strips and applicators. You might also consider getting the Gigi clean collars for 14 oz if you want to prevent wax from dripping all over your warmer.
The hard wax has 14 ounces so all in all, if you consider how much this amazing kit contains, it turns out to be not only a great wax for hair removal but also a really cheap at-home waxing kit.
It’s simple, easy, and not entirely messy.
2. BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women
The BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women is one of the best wax for hair removal kits and soon you’re going to understand why I say that.
This is also the hard kind, natural, and it’s especially good at removing coarse hairs.
It goes without saying that if it’s good at removing coarse hairs then the thin ones should be a piece of cake for this kit. A single pass should be enough and after that only some quick touch ups are needed for the perfect hairless skin.
The BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women is microwavable so you don’t need a warmer. In 1 or 2 minutes it’s ready for usage. If it hardens, pop it up in the microwave for another few seconds.
This kit contains:
- Extra Strength Spa Wax Jar that has 10 ounces and you can heat it in the microwave or on the stove in a pan filled with water,
- 8 non-woven BodyHonee strips. So you do need strips/cloth for pulling. 8 strips may not be enough so you should buy additional strips if you plan on getting this great wax kit for hair removal,
- 2 wooden spatulas for easily applying it on the skin in a thin layer. Since it’s powerful and it removes even stubborn hairs, you don’t need a thick layer for removing most of the hairs in a single pass,
- and finishing oil for soothing the skin. It helps a little with reducing the pain and the redness.
You also need baby oil or vegetable/olive oil for removing the residues.
It’s a pretty amazing product and it can be used for the entire body, including for facial hair removal.
If you have stubborn hairs on any area of your body, I would suggest getting the BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women.
3. Bliss Poetic
Bliss Poetic is another complete kit for home usage and one of the best wax for hair removal kits, in my opinion.
This hard wax kit contains:
- 1 wax-filled cup 5.3 oz, the microwavable kind,
- 1 cleanser oil for preparing your skin, by removing any trace of dirt or make-up and for calming the skin a little,
- 1 pre- and 1 post-waxing oil for ensuring that the wax will stick only to the hairs and not to the skin, which means that it works great as a cleaning oil for removing any residues,
- 3 large spatulas and 3 small spatulas,
- and 1 ingrown eliminating pad because this hair removal method, just like shaving and epilation, may causes ingrown hairs but I advise you to stick to body scrubs or exfoliating gloves for preventing ingrown hairs, it’s much cheaper that way.
There’s no need for strips/cloth to help you remove it. It hardens and you pull it directly, without applying strips on top.
It can be used to remove unwanted hairs from any part of the body, including face. And it works perfectly for sensitive skin.
Considering that there is only a cup that weighs 5.3 ounces, it means that the Bliss Poetic Waxing Kit is one of the most expensive best wax for hair removal kits, compared to the above two kits, where one weighs 14 ounces, while the other weighs 10 ounces.
So if you plan on removing hair from most of your body, like face, legs, arms, underarms, and bikini area, you should order the refill. Just to be sure.
This one is definitely expensive for my standards.
It’s effective and that’s why is one of the best wax for hair removal kits.
4. Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Roll-On
Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Roll-On Wax works great, it’s easy to use and it’s water soluble. It also heats up incredibly quickly. You just pop it in the microwave and leave it in for 15 seconds up to 25 seconds.
So how come is not more popular?
Well, it’s an expensive wax for hair removal. It weighs 5.7 oz, which is not enough for removing hair from all over your body. So you end up paying too much.
Usually, you would also need two passes for removing every single hair and more stubborn hairs like coarse ones may not be removed so easily.
If you’ve waxed for some time, then you probably have thin hair, which means that this roll-on may be perfect for you.
It can be good for women who haven’t used this hair removal method ever before, who have shaved or used hair removal creams before, just too see if this change might be exactly what they need.
5. Veet Ready-to-use Wax Strip Kit
There are 40 cold strips in this great wax for hair removal kit.
If you decide to use cold strips then the Veet Leg and Body Hair Remover are some of the best.
The advantages are that there is no mess involved. You warm the double sided strip between your hands for a few seconds, set them apart, apply a strip in the direction of the hair growth and pull in the opposite direction.
However, you might need two passes.
The first pass may leave some hairs behind. Also, the strips work best on legs, arms, and underarms. I wouldn’t use them for removing hair from the bikini line.
So, what’s your choice from some of these 5 best wax for hair removal kits?