Using at home waxing kits is not simple. You should be prepared for that.
I’ve always had a bit of trouble with it and that’s why I ended up choosing shaving for many years until I discovered epilators.
The first step is to pick the best wax for hair removal.
Getting a good kit is really important.
It’s just like getting a good epilator or a good razor and so on.
The most important aspect is that the wax should remove the hairs not stick to your skin making everything really painful and messy.
Top 5 Hair Removal Waxing Kits of 2018:
- Gigi Brazilian Waxing Kit
- BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit
- Bliss Poetic
- Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Roll-On
- Veet Ready-to-use Wax Strip Kit
(Scroll down to read my reviews)
My Top Pick: Gigi Brazilian Waxing Kit
Gigi Brazilian Waxing Kit is the perfect hard wax for thick stubborn hairs, like the ones from the bikini area and the underarms, but it also removes thin hairs.
A good kit doesn’t entirely mean that everything will go effortlessly. Everything is not suddenly simple.
It helps a lot if you have been to a waxing salon before and you have watched a specialist handling the whole process.
You will know what the right temperature is, how to apply the strip and how to pull it. These are the three essential steps.
Having a good waxing session implies, besides having a very good waxing kit:
- nailing the right temperature
- applying the wax in small strips
- letting it harden a bit will massaging it
- and pulling the in the opposite direction of hair growth with a swift movement without any hesitations whatsoever
Since there are quite a lot of things to understand and get right it’s best to go to a waxing salon for your first experience and see how a professional does everything.
In time, it should become easy.
Painful but you’ll get the hang of it.
Once you’ve done that, you can even do your own Brazilian.
Getting the perfect kit for you is one of the most important tips and that’s why I’m going to review 5 at home waxing kits.
You can have a starting point if you’re new to this hair removal method or to see what are your options if you want to change your old kit.
I’ll cover all the basic forms:
- hard wax, which requires a warmer for getting it nice and melted, ready for pulling hairs from the root,
- microwavable hard wax,
- and cold strips.
If you’ve waxed for some time, I’m sure you already have a favorite.
If you’re a beginner and you don’t know exactly what to choose, allow me to make a suggestion.
I would say go with the hard wax.
Below you have 3 examples from 3 different manufacturers so you can start from there.
In my opinion,
Hard wax is the best.
No matter which area of your body you want silky smooth.
It’s the one that removes almost all the hairs from a single pass. With a second strip, all the hairs should be gone.
I know that some say that it’s best not to apply a second strip because it might irritate the skin but I used to do it every time without harming my skin.
It’s very important to sooth and moisturize your skin after each hair removal, that’s all it is.
Why do I suggest roll-on wax and cold strips, besides those 3 amazing kits?
Because those are good too.
Especially for touch ups or for those who are just starting to experiment with waxing and are not entirely sure that this is the right hair removal method for them.
1. Gigi Brazilian Waxing Kit
Click On Photo to Learn More
The Gigi Brazilian Waxing Kit is one of the best wax for hair removal kits.
It’s a bit pricey but you only have to pay for it once and they you just have to replace the hard wax once you run out of.
You can use it for the entire body hair removal, to remove hairs from the bikini area, Brazilian, legs, face, underarms and arms.
When it’s time to give yourself a Brazilian waxing at home, reaching all the places, might be a little complicated.
You can have someone help you.
After you get this awesome best waxing kit for hair removal,
The only further investment needed is getting the Gigi All-Purpose Honee or the Gigi Brazilian Hard Wax to place it in the warmer and start another journey towards smooth skin.
You can also get any other 14 oz hard wax that you might find to be better than the Gigi.
The kit contains:
- 1 wax warmer with cover (14 ounce),
- the Gigi Brazilian Hard Wax 14 oz,
- 1 pre-epilation oil that should reduce the pain a bit but don’t get your hopes too high, it’s still going to hurt,
- 1 post wax cooling gel, which is not for removing the wax residues so you still have to use some type of oil to remove them (baby oil or olive oil or coconut oil and so on) and then you can apply the gel but I also advise you to apply a moisturizer/body lotion to sooth the skin
- 10 small accu edge applicators,
- and 10 large accu edge applicators.
The lotions are not that important.
After they’re gone I don’t see the point of buying the same ones again because they’re pretty expensive.
You might want to get some extra strips and applicators.
You might also consider getting the Gigi clean collars for 14 oz if you want to prevent wax from dripping all over your warmer.
The hard wax has 14 ounces so all in all, if you consider how much this amazing kit contains.
The Gigi Brazilian kit turns out to be not only a great wax for hair removal but also a pretty decent-priced at home waxing kit.
It’s simple, easy, and not entirely messy.
2. BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women
The BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women is one of the best wax for hair removal kits and soon you’re going to understand why I say that.
Click On Photo to Learn More
This is also the hard kind, natural, and it’s especially good at removing coarse hairs.
It goes without saying that if it’s good at removing coarse hairs then the thin ones should be a piece of cake for this kit.
A single pass should be enough and after that only some quick touch ups are needed for the perfect hairless skin.
The BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women is microwavable so you don’t need a warmer.
In 1 or 2 minutes it’s ready for usage.
If it hardens, pop it up in the microwave for another few seconds.
This kit contains:
- Extra Strength Spa Wax Jar that has 10 ounces and you can heat it in the microwave or on the stove in a pan filled with water,
- 10 waxing strips. So you do need strips/cloth for pulling. 10 strips may not be enough so you should buy additional strips if you plan on getting this great wax kit for hair removal,
- 2 wooden spatulas for easily applying it on the skin in a thin layer. Since it’s powerful and it removes even stubborn hairs, you don’t need a thick layer for removing most of the hairs in a single pass,
- and finishing oil for soothing the skin. It helps a little with reducing the pain and the redness.
You also need baby oil or vegetable/olive oil for removing the residues.
It’s a pretty amazing product and it can be used for the entire body, including for facial hair removal.
If you have stubborn hairs on any area of your body, I would suggest getting the BodyHonee Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women.
3. Bliss Poetic
Click On Photo to Learn More
Bliss Poetic is another complete kit for home usage and one of the best wax for hair removal kits, in my opinion.
This hard wax kit contains:
- 1 wax-filled cup 5.3 oz, the microwavable kind,
- 1 cleanser oil for preparing your skin, by removing any trace of dirt or make-up and for calming the skin a little,
- 1 pre- and 1 post-waxing oil for ensuring that the wax will stick only to the hairs and not to the skin, which means that it works great as a cleaning oil for removing any residues,
- 3 large spatulas and 3 small spatulas,
- and 1 ingrown eliminating pad because this hair removal method, just like shaving and epilation, may causes ingrown hairs but I advise you to stick to body scrubs or exfoliating gloves for preventing ingrown hairs, it’s much cheaper that way.
There’s no need for strips/cloth to help you remove it.
It hardens and you pull it directly, without applying strips on top.
It can be used to remove unwanted hairs from any part of the body, including face.
And it works perfectly for sensitive skin.
Considering that there is only a cup that weighs 5.3 ounces, it means that the Bliss Poetic Waxing Kit is one of the most expensive best wax for hair removal kits, compared to the above two kits, where one weighs 14 ounces, while the other weighs 10 ounces.
If you plan on removing hair from most of your body, like face, legs, arms, underarms, and bikini area, you should order the refill.
Just to be sure.
This one is definitely expensive for my standards but I still can’t deny that the Bliss Poetic is amazing.
You get what you pay for.
It’s effective and that’s why is one of the best wax for hair removal kits.
4. Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Roll-On
Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Roll-On works great, it’s easy to use and it’s water soluble.
It also heats up incredibly quickly.
You just pop it in the microwave and leave it in for 15 seconds up to 25 seconds.
Click On Photo to Learn More
You might wonder,
How come is not more popular?
It’s an expensive wax for hair removal.
It weighs 5.7 oz, which is not enough for removing hair from all over your body. So you end up paying too much.
You would also need two passes for removing every single hair and more stubborn hairs like coarse ones may not be removed so easily.
If you’ve waxed for some time, then you probably have thin hair, which means that this roll-on may be perfect for you.
It can be good for women who haven’t used this hair removal method ever before, who have shaved or used hair removal creams before, just too see if this change might be exactly what they need.
5. Veet Ready-to-use Wax Strip Kit
There are 40 cold strips in this great wax for hair removal kit.
If you decide to use cold strips then the Veet Leg and Body Hair Remover are some of the best.
I would still pick the hard wax and stick to using the Veet strip kit only for touch-ups.
Click On Photo to Learn More
The advantage is that there is no mess involved.
You warm the double sided strip between your hands for a few seconds, set them apart, apply a strip in the direction of the hair growth and pull in the opposite direction.
You might need two passes or more.
The first pass will most certainly leave some hairs behind.
The strips work best on legs, arms, and underarms.
I wouldn’t use them for removing hair from the bikini line and I definitely wouldn’t consider them when it comes to removing coarse hairs from the root.
Now that I’ve managed to come up with a short review for my personal favorite kits,
What’s your opinion?
Which one is the best wax for hair removal from these 5 at home waxing kits?
A Short How-To Wax Introduction
Waxing can be a bit difficult, especially in the beginning.
My opinion always has been that if it’s your first time waxing,
You should first go to a beauty salon and let a professional show you exactly how it’s done.
Beauty salon waxing can be a bit expensive in the long run but once or twice it’s totally worth it.
After that, with your newfound knowledge, you can buy one of these best wax for hair removal kits.
For the intimate area,
You can even go for more than a couple of sessions because it gets a while until you get used to the pain.
You need to be comfortable when removing hairs from the root from such a sensitive area.
There are just a few basic things that you need to remember when waxing:
You can exfoliate using:
- a body scrub, even a made at home one (those can be amazing, look for recipes on the Intenet)
- or exfoliating gloves
- or exfoliation brushes for the body
- obviously, you need one of the best at home waxing kits, that removes both thick and thin hairs
- it’s easier to get a kit with a warmer than a microwaveable kit because the warmer keeps the wax hot throughout your session
The good news even with the microwaveable ones is that it takes a minute to heat the wax and after that you will only need a few seconds to get it hot again.
- in the long run, it’s cheaper to get a waxing kit with a warmer because after that you will only need to replace the hard wax, which is pretty affordable
After everything is set up and you have covered the floor with something so that you won’t mess it up with dripping wax, the next step if to make your body ready.
It’s good to exfoliate one day prior to your session.
On sensitive areas and on the underarms you should apply baby/talcum powder.
It absorbs the moisture so the wax can stick to the skin.
Apply the wax in smaller strips, in the direction in which the hairs are growing.
When it comes to the underarms there are all sorts of directions so it will be a bit confusing in the beginning.
Here comes the important part.
This is what matters:
Removing the strip with a swift move in the opposite direction in which the hairs are growing.
If you pull it quickly almost all the hairs should be removed from the first move.
You should watch something or listen to music because it’s a pretty lengthy process, it will take about an hour to do your legs.
- use oil, even olive oil if you want, to remove the wax residues
- take a shower (some say that warm water actually clogs up the pores but I’ve always showered after epilation, I couldn’t any other way)
- and then apply a body lotion to sooth the skin
If you are removing your facial hair,
Apply an aloe vera gel and then your usual facial cream because the skin is really sensitive and you don’t want any breakouts.
That’s about it.
I hope I managed to help you pick out the best wax for hair removal kit.